Friday 5 July 2013

《大海》("The Sea")

《大海》("The Sea") was a song that I've liked for many many years. The tune of this song is more on higher notes and very good to sing along (at least for me). I was glad I was able to find the Karaoke MV for this song a few years ago. 


The original singer was 张雨生 (Tom Chang). This song was very popular when it was released in 1992. He had a high vocal and could sing very well too. It was a pity that he also passed away due to a car accident. He died in 1997 at the age of 31.

This is the link to the Youtube video: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhTR8bohP-w&feature=youtu.be

The lyrics were written by 陈大力, music was composed by 陈大力/陈秀男 


歌词:


从那遥远海边
慢慢消失的你
本来模糊的脸
竟然渐渐清晰
想要说些什么
又不知从何说起
只有把它放在心底

茫然走在海边
看那潮来潮去
徒劳无功
想把每朵浪花记清
想要说声爱你
却被吹散在风里
猛然回头你在那里

如果大海能够 唤回曾经的爱
就让我用一生等待

如果深情往事 你已不再留恋
就让它随风飘远
如果大海能够 带走我的哀愁
就像带走每条河流
所有受过的伤 所有流过的泪
我的爱 请全部带走



Which can be translated as:

From the distant sea
You slowly disappeared
Originally a fuzzy face
became clearer
I wanted to tell you something
but did not know where to start
I could only place it in my heart

Dazedly walking on the beach
Watching the tides come and go
I tried fruitlessly
to remember clearly every spray
I wanted to say I love you
But was blown away by the wind
Suddenly I turn back and you were not there.

If the sea can recall past love
Let me wait a lifetime
If you no longer recall with nostalgia our affectionate memories
Just let it be gone with the wind
If the sea can take away my sorrow
Just like it did to every river
Please take away all the injuries suffered, all the tears and all my love


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before publishing. You only need to key in your comments once.