Monday 31 March 2014

《细水长流》"Youthful Aspirations" on TesTube

I happened to see the Trailer on 《细水长流》"Youthful Aspirations" yesterday afternoon. What drew my attention to the trailer was, of course, the song 《细水长流》, which was one of my favourite songs. I had no idea what type of show and what TesTube were all about then. So I watched the telecast on Channel 8 last night at 10.30 pm.

I realized that《细水长流》"Youthful Aspirations" is a TV musical drama with Romeo Tan (陈罗密欧), Rebecca Lim (林慧玲), Xu Bin (徐彬)and Julie Tan(陈欣淇)as the main cast. TesTube is a brand new showcase of content where the audience gets to influence what goes on television, the Internet and social media. Viewers can watch, rate and vote for the drama of their choice. We were told at the end of the 30 minutes telecast that we could go to meclub.sg or xinmsn.com/Testube to cast our votes so that MediaCorp will decide whether they would make it into a drama serial.

I think this is something different/fresh for the local Chinese drama serial scene. I have always liked musical plays so I really welcome the idea of making《细水长流》"Youthful Aspirations" into a musical drama serial and incorporate 新谣 into the drama.  I also liked the pairing of Romeo Tan (陈罗密欧) and Rebecca Lim (林慧玲), Xu Bin (徐彬)  and Julie Tan (陈欣淇) too. 

What sets a musical play apart from a drama serial would be the difference in the backdrop used and the duration/length of the story. In the case of a musical play, it's performed on a live stage so the backdrop would be limited and not as real as a drama serial which can be filmed outdoors with many different places as the backdrop. With more time, a drama serial can also develop the story further.

If you liked this show, remember to cast your vote at xinmsn.com so that we can see this made into a drama serial soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated before publishing. You only need to key in your comments once.